Thanks for the post. However, we do have a NYPHP-Jobs list for job related
posts and conversation.
Post by m rutko
I'm looking for mid level to senior level developers with LAMP
experience for a long term project in Manhattan.
Sorry no telecommuting, onsite only.
Hourly rate is open.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a very talented team in a
company which is dedicated in using cutting edge technologies.
If you're interested or would like to learn more contact me at
mrutkowski at infotechnologiesinc.com or call 212-710-5534.
Qualified candidates should have a deep background in web software
development and have architected and coded complex software systems
for large-scale Internet sites.
- Building and enhancing high-availability database systems based on
open-source solutions including MySQL
- Architecting software solutions that are robust, scalable, and maintainable
- Supporting production by helping to troubleshoot software issues on the site
- Working in tandem with fellow engineers to define software
architectures and technologies to be used
- Evaluate new technologies and implement development best practices.
- 5-7 years of software development experience, including at least 5
years of web development experience
- Significant development experience in the LAMP environment
- Strong background in MySQL, including an understanding of
replication, caching, hot backups, load balancing, redundancy, and
- Experience benchmarking, profiling, and identifying slow SQL queries
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and
non-technical audiences Experience developing in C++ or Java (for
patches, performance extensions, and plug-ins), and Unix shell
- Knowledge of the Sun Solaris operating system
- Familiarity with Oracle
- Programming experience with more esoteric and powerful languages
for data manipulation (Ruby, Python, Haskell, Lisp, Erlang)
- Experience with profiling using tools like DTrace for Solaris or
SystemTap/Valgrind for Linux
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: content management
systems, search engines, e-commerce applications, analytics
applications, ad-serving technology, and email systems
New York PHP Community Talk Mailing List
NYPHPCon 2006 Presentations Online
Show Your Participation in New York PHP
Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new
Car Finder tool.